Sunday, October 4, 2015

Magic Monday #6

As I got a little bit personal and to the point in the last post about Mr Salty I have contemplated the name change. I don't think I was out of line objecting to his behaviour but doing so in writing rather than face to face doesn't sit right with me. On the other hand I am a selfish person and the putting it out in writing is quite therapeutic for me. It avoids me exploding and saving it up because I feel like It has been said even though he more than likely didn't read it.

On last Sunday in the ultimate of ironies I took a first pick Ulamog and he drafted a very disciplined Black White life gain deck. Then we were paired first round and I lost game one. While his deck had a lot of synergy it was a very very slow kill so I brought in Ulamog and wrecked him with it game two. The opposite of nearly every match we have ever played.
In game 3 my deck actually worked as I managed to exile some stuff to process and beat down quite quickly. I heard rumblings about that Ulamog for the rest of the day.

Back on topic, The Angry Hermit with it's list of Magic Shops and how to find them is supposed to be a community resource. Me complaining about other players or embarking on voyages of self discovery and giving out bad pick orders is not helpful for the community.

So I will split my writing with this site "The Late Picks" (trademark pending) being for everything and the Angry Hermit whose name is already out there sticking to just the positive stuff and shitting out rainbows.

I enjoyed the new format even though I didn't do that well. The deck just didn't quite come together and the Mist Stalker plan wasn't a good one. It was great to see an old face return to the scene after walking across Korea and travelling throughout South East Asia. I didn't think I would ever see him again but luckily/unluckily his wife got home sick and their plan for eternal travel and living by the beach got nixed and he is back in Seoul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment