Sunday, September 1, 2013

Charming

Last Friday I broke the drought that goes back to April 2009 since I last played an FNM.

An M14 Korean Draft where I was passed a 4th pick Howl of the Night pack which inspired me to try the base green deck Brian Wong talked about on the Limited Resources podcast.


You basically try and draft mono green with small splashes for removal and using Lay of the Land in land spots. The aim being to have around 14 forests in your deck.


I fell short of that and had to play a decent amount of red (including creatures) plus a splash of black and about 11 forests. I had a minor sliver theme with 4 of them and had one game where they all came out fairly early which was a savage beating.


I won the first two and ID'd the final round to add a Dimir Charm to my FNM card collection.


On that collection I am very tempted to break it up because FNM Brainstorm and Remand buylist for $25 and $15 respectively. 



No comments:

Post a Comment