Friday, September 26, 2014

Khans is here

This Sunday at 1:00 PM, Dalmuti's Suwon will kick off the Khans English draft season.

I'm looking forward to it because the set looks deep. There are some build around cards as well A LOT of stuff to worry about and try to put together on the fly. I have seen some pack 1 pick 1 scenarios posted online and they all seem much tougher than normal.

It will be a lot of fun if you can make it and it's followed up by a free cube draft.

I don't plan on playing standard this season so there are not a lot of cards I am chasing apart from fetch lands. There are still plenty of cool cards though.

My top 10 favourites

10 - Siege Rhino
Quite befitting this is a Rhino rather than an Elephant. Rhino's seem similar but with a nasty pointy edge. Loxodon Heirach gave you 4 life, this guy only gives you 3 but sticks it to the opponent for 3.

9 - Murderous Cut
Cheap removal and decent art. I'm a simple man who just wants to play Murderous Cut's and Stoke the Flames every draft.

8 - Sidisi & Villenous Wealth
Ok this is two cards but the description is the same "barely playable but awesome fun".

7 - Sorin, Solemn Visitor
I had to read his plus 1 ability 33 times, but I finally figured out this guy is a great card and can fit into a number of strategies. I think he's better than Sarkhan.

6 - Rakshasa Deathdealer
A really cool little guy that is solid early and dangerous late. I love small creatures that stay relevant for an entire game.

1-5
Those currently $20 bills printed at rare that are eternal playable. Like everyone else I like pulling Legacy playables from in print booster packs.

Honourable Mention - Archers' Parapet. Vent Sentinels little cousin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment