Monday, June 22, 2015

This week in Magic #3

The MERS givath (I got a two week vacation) and the MERS taketh (http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/regional-pro-tour-qualifier-changes-south-korea-and-china-2015-06-22)
I guess you have to take the good with the bad, not that this really had any affect on me as I am not qualified. Still it was disappointing to see the game I love fall for Fox news style panic that is sweeping China where I am sure the complaints came from.

I didn't do any Puca trade sending while on my break and since coming back I haven't felt like getting back into it either. I have points in the bank and while some cards are easy to get, others seem to have a much longer wait. I am in no rush to get more points if I can't use them to get the cards I really want. I have been waiting a couple of weeks but no one wants to send me a Vendillion Clique.

It is great for casual, standard and cube cards but some competitive Modern cards can be tough. Fair enough but the last two Modern GP's were fantastic events and I am pretty much all in on the Modern format now.
I guess there are still a lot of cube cards I need so I should snap myself out of my Puca malaise once my upcoming open classes are in the books and I have my spare time back.

The countdown to Holiday Cube has began with an excellent article from Randy Buehler (http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/holiday-cube-updates-2015-06-22). The Cube forums on Reddit and MTG Salvation are great but they are kind of inbred in that a lot of the data comes from drafting using cube tutor and not real matches.
It's great to get the pros opinion on cards and thanks to there videos I gained a lot of appreciation for the signets, shrine of burning rage and compulsive research. Cards that seem to be pretty undervalued on MTG Salvation.

1 comment:

  1. There is a weekly draft in Suwon that is in English but as you are on the north side that is probably too far for you.

    There was talk about starting an English draft at Kindle early Saturdays but it looks like that didn't work out.
    It seems the best fit for you would be the English drafts hosted at Yongsan Army Base on Saturdays. There are more details on the MTG Seoul facebook page.

    ReplyDelete