Wednesday, May 27, 2015

This Week in Magic #2

I had a rest from playing last week. It's the summer and there is a lot going on in real life. Lately it had felt like a bit of a duty to attend to make sure the regular English Draft stayed alive. We have lost a couple of really good people who I will miss and they haven't been replaced, meanwhile the number of Korean players in Suwon has really dropped off.
I still enjoyed playing but with a new set that most people were really excited about while I was lukewarm about it felt like an opportune time to take a step back.

This week is Innistrad cube and I am looking forward to it. Last time was a blast and Andrew Carle goes all out in the preparation with a mini coffin used to store the cube.

Kindle which is quickly becoming the premier Magic Shop in Korea has started it's own Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/mtgkindleshop)

In Puca news I am regretting my previous slothenly ways in sending out cards as I sweat the arrival of outgoing Points so I can afford to grab a bunch of Modern Masters cards.

At first I was only going to go after some Remands to replace the ones I sold a few months ago but now I am planning to put together Splinter Twin so need 4 copies of the aforementioned card as well as copies of Vendilion Clique and Cryptic Command.
One copy of Splinter Twin is already on it's way.

I also got to unveil my Cube a couple of weeks ago and had a great time with it. It's a proxied power cube that still has a few gaps in it (Recurring Nightmare and Sylvan Library are the stand outs) but it's more than playable.

Here is a link to the current list (http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/27879).

The colour coding on cube tutor is the purple cards "Maybe" are either new to my cube, cards I am not 100% sure on or cards that I plan to cut for something on my Wants List "Puca Wants" once I have the spare points.

The "Puca Mail" coded cards are already on their way.

Final number should be close to 360 but I don't mind having a little over while I am still in the developing stage. I haven't sully locked in my archetypes and I want to see if some of them work or how popular they are.

For example I have Red Blue as the "Combo" combination with Splinter Twin/Kikki Jikki and Pestermite/Deceiver. Possible rotation to Time Vault/Ral Zarek if people get sick of that. It's something that isn't common in cubes so I can't be sure it will work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment