Monday, September 7, 2015

Magic Monday #2

It was another week of a disappointing 1-2 finish. I drafted a solid Blue Red deck but didn't get any finishers and flooded out a lot. I am pretty comfortable with how i drafted and I was in the right seat for my colours but there were an unusual amount of blue drafters and red is always very popular of late.

I enjoyed the games and received a promo and came second in the roll for the pity pack provided by the store. When rolling my dice fell on the floor so I just let the other guy have the booster. He opened a Nissa of course and my barren streak continues.
I finally opened a Planeswalker from Origins but it was on Duels of the Planeswalkers rather than in real life. It's Jace so that is still pretty cool and it came in the same pack as a Sphinx's Tutelage just to wet the appetite for new deck shenanigans.
I have dumped Elves for now as it just wasn't getting me any higher than rank 25. My new thopter deck has got me up and slightly over rank 30 all the while being a lot of fun.

I really don't see myself getting out of my drafting slump for a couple of weeks. I'm operating on very little sleep each day which hopefully a scheduled change in medication late this month will remedy. Until then I feel like I'm just surviving rather than really living.
This Sunday there will be a chaos draft featuring some really tasty packs, Champions of Kamigawa, Stronghold, Chronicles, Modern Masters etc. In my current state I can't even gather enthusiasm and anticipation for that.

There are new enemy man lands coming in the new set which are cool and would be great additions to my cube if only I already owned the friendly ones. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment