Monday, April 6, 2015

Puca's Mischief #4

This morning was another Pucca first for me, I received notification that someone plans to send me a Revised Wheel of Fortune. I am pretty excited about that and it will be going into my cube straight away. I just checked and Wheel of Fortune is not banned in EDH, I will definitely be jamming it in my EDH deck as well.
It is banned in Tiny Leaders which is further personal justification for never playing that format again.

I am especially excited to add a card from Revised as that was the set I started playing Magic with and I feel nostalgic for the cards from that set. I have to admit though that the Korean 4th Edition versions of the classic cards look better. Instead of a white border and a faded pastel look they have a spiffy black border and decent contrast.

Sending wise I have picked up a few points but it's probably later this week or early next week when I will really start to bank some points as all the trades I did straight after my 10 card sending limit was removed start to arrive.

I have slowed down in the sends this week, I was waiting to see if people would actually send good cards to Korea and my collection is in a bit of flux so I wasn't comfortable sending out good cards I may need.
Once the first card has arrived I think that will give me the impetus to really get a move on with listing my inventory and getting more points.

Another exciting development over the weekend was that I am no longer the only Korean Puca Trader. Another player from Dalmuti's Suwon has joined the Cult and sent out an invite to entice another.

It hasn't all been online where exciting Magic card trading has taken place, this week in real life trades I received a Deathrite Shaman, Hersheys Chocolate Ice Cream and a Beta Sea Serpent amongst others. A pretty cool haul, not huge in value but I have never owned a Beta card before and I cracked a Sea Serpent in my very first Magic Starter.

When looking for an image of a Beta Sea Serpent, this one cracked me up. Someone bothered getting it graded!

No comments:

Post a Comment