Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Rating the Commons - Origins Blue


I wanted to try the thought experiment of ranking the commons in the old pick order style that seems to have gone out of fashion. I don't expect to get it right, but that is half the point of this exercise.
I find the current trend of grading where a bunch of cards get a C or 3 stars or whatever the middling grade is to be a bit useless.
The set reviews that Limited Resources pt out are great but I think they are way too time consuming for a lot of the more casual or just busy players. I think it would be great if Marshall and LSV could get together to put a more consumable product out that was perhaps distilled into 6 or 7 minutes a colour and only focussing on interesting differences in their pick order.

So without further ado, here is my stab at ranking the blue commons in Origins. I look forward to forgetting to review this ranking at the end of the format because if my workplace has taught me anything, f**k accountability.

These are my top 3 commons in a vacuum. Claustrophobia is 3 mana removal and probably the best of the three but in limited you need a certain amount of guys and I feel like you may be sweating later on in the draft if you picked Claustrophobia over Separatist Voidmage or Ringwarden Owl.

Agggh the formatting with Blogger and pictures really sucks. Ebough so that I am giving up on this venture. Might be time to look at a new avenue for writing and strip this site down to just the details about how to find the various shops.


3
1
2


4
15


5


6


14



13


9

8

19

10

16

11

17



12

18


7





No comments:

Post a Comment