Monday, March 16, 2015

Puca's Mishief #1

I looked into Puca trade a long time ago (over a year) but my mobile number couldn't be verified.

With Ryan from the Cardboard Samurai getting involved and promoting it recently it inspired me to try again and I am now a verified user. It's only been a few days and I still have a lot of cards that I haven't listed but I have already sent cards to Canada and Italy.

It's an interesting system and when they add support for foreign and non nm cards it should be a lot better for someone based in Korea. The system currently only supports English NM cards. It is possible to trade foreign cards and ask for a premium, it just requires a lot more time and effort, To that extent it is not much better than using existing channels (like MTG Salvation, Ebay or Facebook).

If you stick to English and NM the set up is very user friendly and the best I have seen for trading Magic cards online.

Mailing cards is time consuming and doesn't provide instant gratification. Living in Korea if a card is in demand it's easy to sell for cash in hand without any fees. That's always going to be better than an online international trading system.
For someone like me who enjoys paperwork and has more cards than I can fit into my binder, Puca seems a great way to clear out some inventory and work towards some long term goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment